Fort Bidwell Cemetery
Fort Bidwell is a small ranching community in the far north-east corner of California, founded about 1865. The original cemetery was for the Camp Bidwell military post, established in 1866. In 1913 Congress transferred the cemetery to the Fort Bidwell People's Church, and in 1968 to the Fort Bidwell Cemetery District. The Cemetery is at the west end of North Street up the hill in Fort Bidwell, Surprise Valley, Modoc County, California.
Skip menu to next content.
- Find Burial Plot by Deceased's Name
- Find Available Burial Plots
- Show Burial Location on a Satellite Map by Block and Plot Number
- Burial Rules, Fees and Charges
- Fort Bidwell Cemetery District
- Camp Bidwell History and Documents
- Fort Bidwell Cemetery at Find-A-Grave (findagrave.com)
The cemetery was surveyed in 1923 into 15 blocks.. Blocks 1 through 11 are currently used as burial sites. Blocks 4, 5, and 12 are managed by the Fort Bidwell Indian Community. There are trees and bushes, and the grounds are kept cleared, but there are no lawns as well water is inadequate to maintain an expanse of grass.
- Cemetery Satellite Image on Google Maps (google.com)
- Cemetery Satellite Image on Google Earth (requires an installed program),
- Picture Gallery or click on images below for full size images.