Surprise Valley - Find-A-Grave
Surprise Valley, Modoc County, California
Find-A-Grave Volunteer Support Files
Headstone picture files are named by the person on the headstone plus the cemetery
name and location. For example,
Sometimes multiple names as for husband and wife. Plot means a well defined bounded area; Area is a
group of family graves; Monument is a more elaborate
headstone. A plot name may precede the individual names to keep them grouped
alphabetically. Also see Notes below.
- Image files (*.jpg) are usually digital camera files and may contain the
date and time of exposure, etc., and will be
about a MegaByte each.
- Text files (*.txt) contain other information,
such as the GPS coordinates, records, etc.
- The file date and time may not be the time the photo was
taken or scanned.
Image files usually contain the time and date
the photo was taken. If you download the file, your photo display
program should be able to show you the EXIF Information, etc..
- GPS coordinates, if provided, may have been fudged slightly to show correct position on GoogleEarth.
- The files are not permanently here. They may be purged at some
future time if I need the disk space.
- All of the military headstones in the GAR (Grand Army of the Republic)
plot at the South West corner of the Fort Bidwell Cemetery have been
photographed, including the Unknown Soldier plaque for those who
died at Fort Bidwell.