Public Information and Resources
The Modoc Grand Jury is an arm of the Superior Court, mandated by the California Constitution. The Grand Jury's primary function is to examine local government, and is sometimes referred to as the "Civil Grand Jury". The Penal Code states the Grand Jury is specifically:Mandated to conduct civil investigations and audits of City and County Government, to insure efficient and proper operation of all local government, and to detect and expose fraud and malfeasance.
The Grand Jury addresses citizen complaints and conducts investigations, acting as a "watchdog" for the citizens of Modoc County. The Grand Jury is appointed and sworn in early July of each year and serves until June 30 of the next year.
- Grand Jury Overview (More detail, powers, etc.)
- Contact the Modoc County Grand Jury (Including citizen complaint form)
- County Audit Reports
- County Data and Statistics
- County Information
- Final Reports and Responses (2001 thru 2017)
- Law Resources
- Procedures Manual
- California Grand Jurors' Association Home Page (cgja.org)